Physical Self-Protection and Disengaging Skills
One Day Program Program
This one-day introductory program exposes staff to non-violent self protection and disengaging skills. Moreover, it is designed to enhance safety while preserving the therapeutic relationship between the client and staff member.
- Learn to assess and recognize the signs of an imminent assault;
- Learn further about the gift of fear known also as survival intuition;
- Enhance their awareness of personal strengths and limitations;
- Identify supportive and defensive body positioning approaches;
- Build and enhance their awareness of body movement, and quadrants of vulnerability;
- Learn to use psychological distraction and evasion skills;
- Practice disengaging from strikes, kicks, punches, grabs, chokes, hair pulls and bites;
- Learn further about post crisis stress reaction and self-care.